Walk, Run, Bike, Something...

Through my research I've learned that your diet is the most important factor when it comes to weight loss/maintenance but consuming a healthy diet alone will only take you about 75% towards whatever your goal may be. The other 25% to attempt to live your healthiest is the some sort of physical activity.


While I was doing my weekly 36-hour fast I did not participate in any physical activity because my health history and , the amount of calories I was consuming was too low. Towards the end of my 4-week 36-hour fast period I was very happy with the initial results, but I knew I had a ways to go before I reached my goal. Then some of my family members who had been on a health journey of their own showed me a key component of their routine which was walking it was a total game changer for me. Quick reminder I had a Traumatic Brain Injury, so I just learned how to walk again, so no matter where are in your journey anyone can benefit from some sort of physical activity, no matter your limitations. ( I would still check with a health professional before trying anything new)


In the beginning of May 2020 I decided before I joined my family walking I should check my current daily average for steps and turns out I had an average of 500. So I started out with a goal of 1,000 and I would increase steps every week to keep challenging myself. Today my average is around 10,000 steps per day.


Just walking alone provides so many benefits these are just a few of the ones I experienced personally:


Helps Burn fat

Reduce stress

Makes you more productive ( Especially after an early morning walk :)


122 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All